Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Recipe of the Week: Express White Chicken Chili

Now that I feel like I'm getting the hang of this "mama thing" I'm finally back in the kitchen and actually cooking instead of just heating something up. I tried something completely new last night out of Southern Living. It was easy and tasty!

Ingredients:
3-4 cups of chicken, cooked and shredded (I used a rotisserie chicken)
4 14-oz. cans of navy beans, drained and rinsed (Bess made a similar recipe recently and used a combination of several kinds of white beans)
4 4.5-oz. cans of green chiles
1 packet white chili seasoning
1 14-oz. can low-sodium chicken broth

Stir together all 5 ingredients in a Dutch oven (I used a large stock pot). Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Garnish with sour cream and monterrey jack cheese.

For Bess' similar (but not-so-express) recipe, go to http://luckydoglove.blogspot.com/2009/12/slap-yo-mama-good.html. I'll be trying it as soon as I can manage something other than "express" recipes!

No comments: