Wednesday, December 26, 2012

25 Posts of Christmas...Decorations!

I didn't do much this year in the way of decorations. For one thing, try finding the TIME with a baby and a preschooler. Also, it's difficult to put things within reach of a certain little person. However, I did put some things out. Most of it is the same old, same old. I have a little green and red theme going throughout the house. And I have a thing for nativities (Eddie teases me because I say NAY-tivities...welcome to Georgia, y'all!). My new thing this year was a cheap-0 $20 tree I bought from our photographer that I used to hang my Twelve Days of Christmas ornament collection. I have three now with my eye on another at Target if the price is right tomorrow. It is my FAVORITE thing this year, for sure. It just looks fantastic. I missed getting a picture of the front door and of the mantle, but that hasn't changed from last year.

Dining room:













Den:



James' ornament this year. I try to get something that matches what he liked or his birthday party theme from the year. Obviously, this year it was dinosaurs!

And Will's first ornament! It says "Baby's First Christmas" on the back.


My dad carved this nativity.

James' Georgia tree. He'll get the glass Georgia ornaments one day, but not anytime soon. I need a helmet for the topper but haven't found the right size. The "skirt" is a piece of his bedskirt. He has definitely done the decorating himself! I'm also looking for football lights or garland. I think that would be CUTE. The bulldog on it I got this year from a vendor at that show I did in Tifton in November. It's wooden and matches the bulldog I bought for his bedroom door. I love this!

Mr. William did not get his own tree this year but he will next year! I'll be on the lookout for one tomorrow when we do a little shopping. His tree theme is going to be trains/planes/automobiles. Can't wait!


2 comments:

Terri Grothe said...

your decorations are so pretty, i love it

Lauren said...

Love the dinosaur ornament!! Maybe I should get an ornament a year representing what they loved! Fun idea!! ...for the record, I say nay-tivity too. What is it supposed to be? Nuhtivity??!