Monday, October 7, 2013

31 Days of Halloween: Day Seven - Halloween Decor


Here's a little secret about me...I love Halloween. I'm an almost-Halloween-baby (born the day before) and the whole Fall season/Halloween/football season is SO much fun to me. Because I love Halloween so much, my family has taken the opportunity to gift me with lots and lots and lots of Halloween decorations. I have boxes and boxes and boxes. And I just couldn't put them all out this year because there's SO much, our house is SO small, and little hands like to touch, touch, touch things even if they're breakable. So here's what our decorations look like this year:

My wreath on my front door is my absolute favorite. I got it on major sale (you know, in probably JULY) at Hobby Lobby a few years ago. The little family of pumpkins on the left came from my mother-in-law a few years ago for my birthday. The pumpkins on the right are our Georgia bulldog pumpkins. It's football season, fall, Halloween...why not celebrate it all, right? I got the top one last year at Hobby Lobby and Grandmommie gave me the bottom one in college and I LOVE it but I have no idea where it came from. It's been broken and glued back together and I'll be so sad if it finally bites the dust one day. This is the stoop on our new, temporary house, by the way. I'm not sure if it's made it's debut here or not.

This is the ONLY decoration I have inside. Isn't that sad? Papa and YaYa gave this light up Mickey pumpkin to the boys last year and it's cute and they love it. I think it came from Walgreens or somewhere similar. So cute!

My collection of Halloween decor comes in all shapes and sizes. I have a TON. One thing I have a pretty good collection of, though, is Lori C. Mitchell reproduction pieces. They're precious little paper mache folk art figurines of children dressed up for Halloween. They're the CUTEST things, but they have the tiniest, most delicate legs and parts and I came just imagine someone coming by and swiping them. I kept them up high in our other house but there's just no place here. Here's a great collection of them.

If I get around to putting out anything else I'll update, but otherwise I think this is it this year. I've loved "visiting" some of my favorite houses in the blog world this year and seeing their decorations. Here's one of my VERY favorite blogs with her decorations up. Lots and lots of work to collect and put out this much!


No comments: