Saturday, October 5, 2013

31 Days of Halloween: Day Five - Campfire Boys!


Last night we went to Mom's for chili. She invited a friend over and we had the most fun! I made both pots of chili that I shared yesterday and they were both great. The Jamie Deen recipe makes a TON so we'll be freezing it today for sure. Yum, yum, yum!

After we ate our chili we headed outside for a campfire and s'mores. James loves this so much that we've planned his birthday party late enough to do another campfire in a few weeks after we celebrate!

We (Eddie) built the fire and roasted marshmallows for our s'mores. (Hint: I bought the ghost shaped marshmallows because I thought they'd be lots of fun for little boys and they WERE, but they are not good for roasting. Keep those for your hot chocolate!) After we'd eaten our fill we headed home! So much fun!

This chili was really, REALLY good. Eddie has often been baffled at my "15 minutes 'til it's done" chili that I've always made. (My McCormick chili...my mama has always made it so that's what I've made!) So I branched out in the chili department and made three-hour chili instead. It was SO good! It's not very warm, though, so if you're wanting a kick you'll need to add in a pepper or keep your Cholula close by. It was perfect for the boys. They gobbled it up!

Check out that cowboy hat! Mom's friend, Susan, owns a clothing store here in town and was sweet to bring the boys each a hat last night for our chili and campfire dinner! So much fun! Thanks, Mrs. Susan!


What a fun night! Next time we'll have to have more people to eat up all that chili!

No comments: